The River Cree Group Resort Director of Finance will have several key roles to fulfill including the ability to:
Plan, develop, and execute, the River Cree Group’s overall accounting and financial reporting strategy.
Design and execute a strategy to communicate key elements of the River Cree Group’s accounting to senior executives including:
- Establish transparent accounting relationship with stakeholders, related entity principals, and the Group’s management and staff
- Build accounting, budgeting and financial reporting capability at the River Cree Group
- Select and hire personnel with the experience and skills necessary to perform River Cree Group accounting functions
- Supervise, evaluate, and mentor accounting personnel
- Support effective professional development and performance of accounting staff
Ensure the effective management of the River Cree Group accounting department including:
- External reporting obligations being met.
- Establish and maintain the integrity of River Cree Group’s asset management procedures including cash, property, plant & equipment and receivables
- Discharge the Group’s liabilities through an effective and timely payables management system
- Steward the overall financial health of The River Cree Group using established best practices in the best interest of its stakeholders
- Enforcement of accounting discipline/guidelines
- Maintain River Cree Group’s accounting systems to facilitate informed management decision-making and when necessary reconfigure River Cree Group’s accounting function to reflect business needs as they evolve.
- Execute all duties and responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards that exists in this profession.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer the Financial Resort Director of Finance would be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing required financial statements including supplemental financial reports on a periodic basis
- Overseeing day-to-day accounting functions including sales, accounts payable, payroll, cash management and treasury
- Managing internal and external audits including tax audits and compliance audits
- Maintaining and managing written accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Supervising and mentoring accounting personnel including performance evaluations and feedback
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements related to Casino Facility Licence
- Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements related to FNDF grant agreement
- Coordination of regulatory audit requirements
- Ensure compliance with contractual reporting requirements arising from partnership agreements
- Responsible for proper accounting and distribution of partnership cash flow entitlements
- Coordination of contractual audit requirements
- Ensure compliance with requirements of loan agreement
- Responsible for Group-wide operational and capital budget preparation and variance analysis
- Responsible for working capital and short-term banking / credit requirements
- Responsible to ensure Group-wide compliance with contractual reporting requirements